Sunday, January 24, 2010

Witness 10mm Update

Well, last Thursday I received the new Wolff recoil spring in the mail that I ordered from MidwayUSA. This is an 18# recoil spring that replaced the stock 13# spring that was installed on the pistol when I received it.

I have to say, the difference is quite noticeable. It still has a pretty good recoil, but not more than one would expect from a typical 1911 chambered in .45 ACP.

Momma and I needed to do some grocery shopping, so on the way to the store we stopped by the range to run a few rounds through the Witness to see how the new recoil spring would behave.

I didn't stay long. I only ran about thirty rounds through the gun. The range was very crowded, so I didn't want to take the space to shoot any longer than I needed, as there were people sitting around waiting for a spot to shoot.

Double taps were much more manageable. Accuracy at fifteen yards was phenomenal, even while standing without a rest.

I plan on going back to the range this coming Thursday, and I will write a much better range report, complete with pictures.

Until then, stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment